Technocrat Media, Abuja
Goodluck Jonathan, the former president says he is not sure about running for president in 2023.
The former spoke after some of his supporters who were at his home in Abuja on Friday in their numbers, said the political process is ongoing.
He told them to “watch out” according to TheCable.
Mr Jonathan said the country needs a president that would carry the youths along.
“You are calling me to come and declare for the next election. I cannot tell you I’m declaring,” he said.
“The political process is ongoing, just watch out.
“The key role you must play is to pray that Nigeria gets somebody that carries the young people along – somebody that can also work very hard to see that some of the problems are addressed by the government and I believe collectively, we will work together.”
Mayor Samuel, leader of the support group earlier in his address, said the country did better under Goodluck Jonathan.
“We were deceived and brainwashed by those who claimed they could do it in 2015,” Samuel said.
“Now, we know better, under Jonathan the minimum wage could buy one or two bags of rice. What do we have today?
“We are begging President Jonathan to forgive us, we have realized our mistakes, and we want him back to complete what he started.”
TECHNOCRAT MEDIA had reported how the Nigerian Young Professionals in Diaspora (NYPD) had given the former president a one-week ultimatum to declare his presidential bid.
Pingback: 2023: Jonathan can’t run for president again, Femi Falana speaks on constitutional provisions - | Technocrat Media Nigeria