Rev. Fr. Augustine Ikwu, director of social communication of the Catholic Diocese of Ondo says the church has fixed Friday, June 17, 2022, for the mass burial of the victims who died in the attack on St. Francis Catholic Church, Owo, Ondo State by terrorists last week Sunday.
Ikwu, this to THE PUNCH on Monday.
The church said no fewer than 40 people died in the attack while many others sustained injuries and still receiving treatments at the Federal Medical Centre and the St. Louis Catholic Hospital both in Owo and some other private hospitals in the state.
According to the priest, the mass burial would take place at the church’s new cemetery at Emure Road, Owo.
“The mass burial would take place at the new cemetery of the church on Friday in Owo,” he said.
He maintained that the number of the deceased still remained at 40.
On the rumour of arrest of the perpetrators of the attack, no one has been arrested in connection with the attack.
The governor of the State, Rotimi Akeredolu has announced the opening of an official account to receive donations for the victims and the church involved in the attack.
Amongst the donations received so far is the N75m donated by the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Ahmed Tinubu when he visited the victims some a day after the incident.
Excellent journalism is expensive. It is only the same that can help to build our society and country to entrench good governance, and development and ensure justice for all.
We need your support for investigative findings and special reports to demand accountable and transparent government. DONATE today to help us stay relevant to serve your quest for accurate and authentic stories.
DONATE TO 0450702364, naira OR 0657626454, USD – GTBANK
TECHNOCRAT INNOVATIONS PLUS LTD