EKITI – The first private station in Ekiti State Voice FM, Ado Ekiti was early this morning gutted by fire.
The fire suspected to have stated from one of the air conditioners gutted the padded walls of the live studio and other facilities.
Report says, it was detected by some of the staff who were breaking their Ramadan fast helped in alerting the Ekiti State Fire Service who promptly put out the fire.
However, two members of staff were rushed to the hospital due to carbon monoxide inhalation.
The General Manager of the station who confirmed the incident thanked God that the situation did not escalate before the timely intervention of the Ekiti State Fire Service.
Meanwhile, leaderships of the Nigeria Union of Journalists NUJ Ekiti State Council has sympathized with staff and management of Voice FM Ado Ekiti over the incident of fire that destroyed some of its facilities.
This news content remains the copyright of TECHNOCRAT MEDIA, to republish, please seek the consent of our News Editor via email@example.com