Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?


Fire Guts First Private station in Ekiti

Rachael Olokungboye

EKITI – The first private station in Ekiti State Voice FM, Ado Ekiti was early this morning gutted by fire.

The fire suspected to have stated from one of the air conditioners gutted the padded walls of the live studio and other facilities.

Report says, it was detected by some of the staff who were breaking their Ramadan fast helped in alerting the Ekiti State Fire Service who promptly put out the fire.

However, two members of staff were rushed to the hospital due to carbon monoxide inhalation.

The General Manager of the station who confirmed the incident thanked God that the situation did not escalate before the timely intervention of the Ekiti State Fire Service.

Meanwhile, leaderships of the Nigeria Union of Journalists NUJ Ekiti State Council has sympathized with staff and management of Voice FM Ado Ekiti over the incident of fire that destroyed some of its facilities.

This news content remains the copyright of TECHNOCRAT MEDIA, to republish, please seek the consent of our News Editor via

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Like Our Facebook Page

You May Also Like


The office of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Iboko, Izz local government area in Ebonyi state has been set ablaze by hoodlums.


Rachael Olokungboye EKITI – A patrol station located in Irona area of Ado Ekiti is currently on fire. Report says, Members of the public...


Rachael Olokungboye IBADAN – Fire has destroyed Properties worth of millions on Monday at barracks road, Moniya, Ibadan. According to Report The fire incident...


By Damilola Adeyemo AKURE – Reports has it that a storey building opposite the Ministry of Works in Akure, the Ondo state capital is...


By Damilola Adeyemo IBADAN – Oyo State popular Yoruba Activist, Chief Sunday Igboho’s house has reportedly been razed by fire earlier this morning by...