Mr. Akintomide Akinrogunde was born in Iju –Odo, Okitipupa Local Government Area. Over the past fourteen years, he has contributed to the design, implementation, and evaluation of major Public Health interventions as a Public Health, Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist, Researcher, Programme coordinator, Manager, and Health Systems Specialist in Nigeria. Inaugurated as a member of the Ondo State House of Assembly on 3rd June 2019 representing Okitipupa Constituency I. He is the current Assistant Parliamentary Secretary and Chairman, House Committee on Natural Resources.
Mr. Akintomide Akinrogunde has a wide range of experience in policy development, strategic planning and in the design and development of robust effective monitoring and evaluation systems. He worked with the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA), Abuja, as an Assistant Chief Programme Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in the department of Research, Monitoring & Evaluation, where he coordinated the HIV/AIDS program Monitoring and Evaluation of the thirty-six States Agencies for the Control of AIDS (SACA) & FCT. He has twelve years of postgraduate experience in program management, budgeting, design, implementation, and coordination of HIV/AIDS monitoring and evaluation in Nigeria.
He facilitated the development and monitoring of states (SACA, SMOH, and other state line Ministries, Departments and Agencies working in the area of HIV/AIDS), HIV/AIDS State Strategic Plans and annual work plans; it’s implementation and reporting (program monitoring and accurate programmatic reporting) to NACA. Also, part of his key responsibilities was to provide technical assistance to the 36 states (SACA, State Ministries Department and Agencies) & FCT towards effective program planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation. In the course of coordinating the states, he ensured availability of quality, timely, and complete information that guides the surveillance of HIV/AIDS program as well as monitored key performance indicators that showcases the achievements of the program and timely dissemination of quality data and information for better utilization and decision making. He has worked on WHO/UNAIDS/UNICEF/UNDP, World Bank, Global Fund, EU and SDG funded projects. He possesses a considerable wealth of experience in policy influencing and designing development of programs. He is an excellent team leader, he has core competencies in interpreting and utilizing quantitative and qualitative research information for solving and managing public health-related problems.
Mr. Akinrogunde attended different institutions of higher learning where he graduated with the following certificates:
- M. Sc. Economics, Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State
- Advanced Diploma in Computer Application and Techniques, University of Ibadan
- B. Sc. Banking & Finance, Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State
- Diploma in Accounting & Finance, Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State
Mr. Akintomide Akinrogunde while in the public service as a professional attended several professional courses across the world which are listed below:
- Zero Based Budgeting training by Ministry of Budgeting and Planning, 2017
- United Kingdom, October 2012.
- Training on the use of National Organizational Capacity Assessment Tool (NOCAT), Abuja, 2012.
- Personnel Effective Management by Business Education Examination Council, Lagos, October 2011
- Seven weeks of training on Leadership and Management, PEPFAR Health Professional Fellowship Program organized by MSH. February – April 2011.
- Training on Data Demand and Information Use (DDIU) organized by MEASURE Evaluation at Kenya, February 2010
- National Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assessment Workshop in Collaboration in Collaboration with the United State Agency for International Development (USAID) & MEASURE Evaluation in Kaduna, November 2009.
PROFESSIONAL POSITIONS HELD:
- National Technical Lead for 2017 Nigeria Reporting for Global AIDS Monitoring Report, March 2018.
- National Technical Lead for 2017 Joint National DQA, November 2017.
- National Technical Co-lead for 2015 World Bank HPDP2 Project Implementation Appraisal. May 2016.
- National Core team member, Assessment of the Quality of Care for Patients Utilizing HIV/AIDS Services in Secondary and Primary Health Care Facilities, March 2015
He resigned from the public service to contest the Ondo State House of Assembly election under the All Progressives Congress Party (APC) where he won the Okitipupa State Constituency 1 assembly seat in the March 2019 Houses of Assembly election. He is a vibrant lawmaker whose interest of his people remains his top priority. He enjoys traveling, sport (Table Tennis), singing and dancing. He is happily married and blessed with two children.
HIS HOUSE COMMITTEES
- Chairman, House Committee on Natural Resources
- Vice-Chairman, House Committee on Finance and Appropriations
- Member, House Committee on Health
- Member, House Committee on Agriculture
- Member, House Committee on Tertiary Education
- Member, House Committee on Lands and Housing
- Member, House Committee on Culture, and Tourism
- Member, House Committee on Security, Community and Cooperative Development
- Member, House Committee on Physical Planning and Urban Development
- Member, House Committee on Public Sanitation and Hygiene
- Member, House Committee on Diaspora
He could be constructively engaged on legislative and governance issues via email: firstname.lastname@example.org while his constituency office situated at No. 56, Broad Street, Iju-Odo, Okitipupa LG Area, Ondo State, Nigeria, for constituents related matters.
© Technocrat Media Africa
For the purpose of republishing, please quote the source: http://services.technocratmediang.com/blogs