Mr. Festus Ayodele Adefiranye, a seasoned Telecommunication Engineer, a distinguished administrator, a refined politician and an astute philanthropist who is very passionate about public service and community development. He is representing Ileoluji/Okeigbo Constituency, The Deputy Chief Whip, and Chairman, House Committee on Human Capital Development in the ninth Ondo State House of Assembly.
HIS EARLY LIFE AND EDUCATION
He was born in Okeigbo to the illustrious family of Adefiranye’s, the late Ayingun of Okeigboland, popularly called Akolemole of the Aare ruling dynasty.
He started his elementary and secondary education in Okeigbo before proceeding to the then Federal School of Arts and Science Ondo in 1988 for his higher school certificate (HSC). With the spark of brilliance and excellence, young and vibrant Adefiranye then proceeded to the famous University of Lagos, Akoka, for a Bachelor Degree in Applied Physics Electronics and came out with resounding success. Not yet done with his quest of being a thoroughbred administrator, he advanced his academic pursuit at the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomosho from where he obtained his Master’s in Business Administration (MBA)
HIS PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
A highly experienced technocrat with a vast experience cut his professional teeth in the telecommunication world as a young Transmission Engineer with Multi-Link Telecommunication Limited -the first wireless Telecommunication Company in Nigeria. In pursuant of his quest to have broad knowledge in Telecommunication, he left multi-Link to join Sec Equipment and Communications Limited in Lagos as a Project Engineer. He later moved to Alcatel Nigeria Limited, a multinational telecommunication firm in Jan. 2000 as a Senior Transmission Engineer. He left Alcatel and worked briefly with DCC and Satellite Communications between April and December 2002.
In January 2003, Adefiranye Festus joined the service of the then Econet Wireless which metamorphosis to Vmobile Nigeria, Celtel Nigeria, Zain Nigeria and now Airtel Nigeria as Senior Specialist Access’ Transmission Planning. By dints of hard work and dedication, he rose to the position of National Manager Transmission Network planning. He later left Airtel to Ericsson Nigeria as a Transmission Optimization Manager, the position he held till 2012.
Having equipped himself with cognate professional working experience spanning over fifteen (15) years, a dynamic and forward-looking Festus voluntarily resigned to pursue the vision of his own company- Simidebis International Limited with the international corporate headquarter in Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria and Offices in different African countries. Festus Adefiranye by the special grace of God, is the Chairman of two flourishing Companies- Simidebis International Limited – a Telecommunication company and Fesyod Nig. Limited – producers of popular MIDE Yogurt and FESSY Table water. Adefiranye has travelled wide and near and has undergone numbers of local and overseas training in telecommunications in different countries.
He belongs to many professional, social and charity bodies among which are;
- Member, Certified Institute of Treasury and Financial Management (CITFM)
- Associate Member, National Institute of Marketing (MNIM)
- Member, Ikeja Metro Lion Club, Ikeja, Lagos
- Member, Everbright Club ’86 Okeigbo
- Immediate past president Progressive People Club, Lagos.
- Public Relation Officer, Okeigbo Economic Development Initiative (OEDI)
- A patron Freelance & Independent Broadcasters Association of Nigeria (FIBAN) Ondo State Chapter.
HIS POLITICS AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES
At the home front, he is a passionate believer in community development agenda. He is a committed and dedicated patriot, a genuine lover of his people, particularly the youth. He is an employer of labour. His passion to enhance lives and development prompted him to take a shot in the political contestation of House of Assembly election of Ileoluji/Okeigbo State Constituency in the last general election under the auspices of All Progressives Congress. He is currently a member of Ondo State House of Assembly representing Ileoluji/Okeigbo State Constituency.
He belongs to the following House Committees:
- Chairman, House Committee on Human Capital Development
- Vice-Chairman, House Committee on Commerce and Industry
- Member, House Committee on Works and Infrastructures
- Member, House Committee on Youth and Sports
- Member, House Committee on Public Account
- Member, House Committee on Natural Resources
In his political journey, Mr. Festus Adefiranye was a
- Member of the Governing Council of Federal Polytechnic, Oko, Anambra State – May 2017 – March 2019
- Member Education and Technology Subcommittee of SDPIC – Ondo State Government. – 2016
- Active Member CAN
In recognition of his various contributions to human endeavors and his birthplace, he has been awarded the following:
- Excellent Service Award by The International Association of Lions Clubs (Ikeja Metro Lions Club, District 404-2)
- One Star Fellow – by Lions Club District 404B-2
- Okeigbo Man of The Year -2006 by Okeigbo Day Celebration
- Distinguished Ambassador – 2009 by Okeigbo Grammar School Golden Jubilee
- Merit Award – 2014 by National Association of Okeigbo Student
- Philanthropist award – 2010 by Okesa Youth Association
A stern adherer to niceties, Adefiranye is a disciplined manager and a team leader who leads by example. His hobbies include rendering humanitarian and charity services, reading and traveling.
He is happily married with Children.
We enjoy citizens and his constituents to constructively engage him on legislative and governance issues via email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org while his constituency office situated at Olorintele, Ondo-Ife Road, Okeigbo, Ileoluji LGA, Ondo State, Nigeria, for constituents related matters.