By Technocrat Media, Akure
A frontline governorship aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Dr. Bode Ayorinde has urged the citizens and residents of Ondo state to keep their hopes alive about development in the state.
In this spotlight through his official declaration speech, he said he was ready to do everything possible in government to industrialize the state to create massive wealth, jobs and improve the lives of the people, especially the teeming youths of the state. He promised to utilize his experiences as a lawyer, banker, former legislator, and entrepreneur to develop the state economically.
His Official Declaration for Governorship Race
Fellow Citizens of Ondo State,
- You will recall that I, Hon. Dr. Bode Ayorinde was a frontline Governorship Aspirant in 2016 under the All Progressive Congress(APC). Eventually, Mr. Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN won the election. In a way, that momentarily put to rest my hope to govern Ondo State since we cannot all be Governors at the same time.
- Naturally, many hopes will definitely be subsumed with the success of one. In view of this reality, I moved very close to Aketi so as to join him to move Ondo State forward.
- Unfortunately, this gesture of mine, driven by noble intentions, was repelled and I was practically chased out of the All Progressives Congress (APC) by Aketi Team. I visited Aketi four times to plead with him to be magnanimous in victory and tolerant of all of us that contested with him during the primary election. I even wrote a letter to him, titled “For the Record”. All efforts to make him the Governor of all, in Ondo State rather than Governor of Aketi Team, failed.
- One thing led to another and God guided my footsteps to join the famous R-APC and eventually, I moved to PDP.
- Present realities in the State and emerging facts have now rekindled my genuine concern that achieving a great and prosperous Ondo State is a task that must be accomplished.
- A few people had equally asked me whether an Owo man can succeed Aketi as Governor. My answer has been emphatic NO, but that it is only fair and just for an Owo man to complete the expected tenure of office. Therefore, my honest intention is to complete the term due to Owo through the mandate of the good people of Ondo State and I am prepared to give our Leaders in PDP, a written undertaking to that effect.
- Ondo State, the 5th amongst the nine oil-producing states in the Federation deserves better leadership. With a few amendments, I will reproduce my “Growth Agenda” used in 2016 to guide this Hope Alive 2020 mission.
- Given the opportunity to serve, my mission is to industrialize Ondo State, create wealth, and provide gainful employment for our teeming citizens. That has been my concern, my consistent sermon, and my mission in government. So, 1st on my priority list is Industrialization, 2nd is Industrialization, and the 3rd is Industrialization. Seek yea the kingdom of God first, all other things shall follow. If we are able to Industrialize Ondo State, thereby creating wealth and jobs, all other infrastructure will definitely be achieved in record time. We can do it and be self-sufficient rather than continue to depend on Abuja allocations before we can pay salaries.
- I must acknowledge the fact that many of the aspirants from Ondo Central and Ondo South are eminently qualified to govern the state. However, they must be appealed to, to allow us to finish our two terms in Ondo North. It is expected, reasonably too, that when power shifts to their districts, they would be allowed to complete their terms. Very logical and desirable to so think and act.
- It is therefore with a high sense of responsibility and very strong determination that I present myself as an aspirant for the 2020 Governorship Election in our dear sunshine state.
- This decision was reached after a very wide consultation coupled with a strong conviction that I can make a positive difference. After 44 years of its creation, Ondo State must stop crawling. It must stand right and be counted amongst self-sufficient states in Nigeria.
- As I present myself for genuine service with the fear of God, I appeal to all indigenes and residents of Ondo State to stand by me towards rebuilding our dear sunshine state. So help me God.
Hon. Dr. Bode Ayorinde
Governorship Aspirant, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Ondo State, Nigeria.
© Technocrat Media House
For the purpose of republishing, please quote the source: http://services.technocratmediang.com/blogs